FIRST PHASE OF LUXURY VILLAS DEBUTS
IN SOUTH UTAH ‘CANYON COUNTRY’
Eight of 31 Villas at Amangiri Released for Sale at $7 Million
Majestic private canyons in the dramatic desert wilderness of Southern Utah will soon be home to an enclave of 31 luxury Villas at Amangiri. Eight of the villas, priced beginning at $7 million, will be released for sale today by the resort’s developer, Larkspur, Calif.-based Canyon Group.
“These villas are the ultimate base camp in America’s newest luxury destination, the rugged desert of the ‘old wild’ West,” said Homi Vazifdar, managing director, Canyon Group. “Here, from your own private canyon that was created more than 200 million years ago, you have nature as far as the eye can see, every world-class resort amenity and among the world’s best outdoor adventures at your doorstep.”
The Villas at Amangiri
The Villas at Amangiri – “giri” describes rock formations in Sanskrit – are just minutes from Lake Powell and the Glen Canyon Recreation Area, and within easy reach of the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley and the Colorado River. The resort is served by daily flights from Phoenix, Ariz. into nearby Page Municipal Airport (PGA), which can also accommodate private aircraft.
Each villa is designed to appear as if sculpted from the land and blend seamlessly into the natural landscape on private home sites that range from 1.3 to 10 acres.
The organic architecture, multiple pavilions surrounding generous outdoor spaces with a central swimming pool and firepit, frames vast panoramas of desert and sky.
Each villa also incorporates a unique signature feature, such as an arroyo meditation platform, and includes unlimited access to the amenities of Amangiri Resort (scheduled to open in early 2009), including world-class recreation, a full-service spa and an array of residential concierge services.
Villa Sales and Marketing
For more information and to arrange a site visit, prospective homeowners and their representatives should call 435-675-3222 or 415-925-8000, or visit the Web site, www.villasatamangiri.com.
About Canyon Group
Canyon Group was founded in 2005 by Christoph Henkel, Kjell Spangberg and Homi Vazifdar. The firm’s mission is to acquire or develop small, ultra-luxury resorts in unique destinations around the world, and then to invite a premier hospitality brand to manage these jewel-boxes.
The company’s portfolio currently includes:
- The famed Le Melezin Resort in the French Alps managed by Amanresorts
- The environmentally exquisite Cousteau Resort in Fiji managed by Passport Resorts of Post Ranch fame
- The Amangani Resort in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, considered one of the best ski resorts in the United States
- Spring Creek Inn, a boutique resort located in Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Development of the Encantado Resort in Santa Fe, New Mexico, managed by Auberge Resorts, scheduled to open in July 2008
- Development of the Amangiri Resort at Lake Powell, Utah, two hours from the Grand Canyon, to be managed by Amanresorts and scheduled to open in early 2009
- Predevelopment of luxury resort in Papagayo, Costa Rica, scheduled to open in late 2010/ early 2011
- Predevelopment of Malibu Resort & Spa in Malibu, Calif., to be managed by Amanresorts, scheduled to open 2011
- Asset Management of the very unique Dunton Hot Springs Resort in the Colorado Rockies, near Telluride
For more information, please visit www.canyonequity.com.