Belize Hotels and Resorts Elected as Best in the World by Travelers
Numerous properties recognized by TripAdvisor for romance, luxury, family activities and value
Millions of travelers from around the globe have elected Belize’s hotels and resorts as some of the best in the world, according to the 2009 TripAdvisor poll. Properties throughout the country were recognized in a number of categories including all-inclusives, luxury, hidden gems, romance, family travel and best bargain. In all, nine villas and resorts were recognized in TripAdvisor’s 2009 Travelers’ Choice Awards.
The following is a complete list of all selected Belize properties:
· Mopan River Resort: Recognized as the #2 All-Inclusive Resort in the World for the second year in a row, the Mopan River Resort is located in the Cayo district of Belize. The resort is a luxury all-inclusive, offering many eco-adventure packages for guests to enjoy. For more information, visit www.mopanriverresort.com.
· Hamanasi Resort: Named the Best Hotel for Romance in Central and South America. In addition, it was honored as #2 in the list for Best Hidden Gems in Central and South America category, as well as #4 on the list of Best Bargains in Central and South America. More information on this resort located in Hopkins Village of the Stann Creek District can be found at www.hamanasi.com.
· Chabil Mar Villas: Earned a spot in the top 100 list of Best Luxury Resorts in the World, and was voted the second Best Luxury Resort in Central and South America. More information about this private property, located in Placencia, can be found at www.chabilmarvillas.com.
· Mata Chica Beach Resort: Located on Ambergris Caye, Mata Chica Resort made the top 10 list of Best Resorts for Luxury in Central and South America. With an award-winning restaurant as well as easy access to San Pedro’s activities, this luxury resort offers the ideal vacation for active travelers. More information can be found at www.matachica.com.
· Thatch Caye Resort: Ranked among the top 10 in two categories including: Best Hidden Gems in Central and South America and Best for Romance in Central and South America. Located in Dangriga, this tropical resort features 11 private thatched roof casitas, cabanas and family villas. For more information, visit www.thatchcayebelize.com.
· Victoria House: Making the top 10 list of the Best Hotels for Romance in Central and South America, this San Pedro resort boasts 42 elegant accommodations including private villas and infinity pool suites. For more information, visit www.victoria-house.com.
· White Sands Cove Resort: Included in the top 10 list of Most Romantic Hotels and Resorts in Central and South America. The resort’s private condominiums sit along a stretch of pristine beach on Ambergris Caye, just before the Belize Barrier Reef. For more information, visit www.whitesandscove.com.
· Cotton Tree Lodge: Named the eighth Best Bargain in Central and South America, the jungle lodge offers luxurious thatched roof cabanas, and one-of-a-kind activities like learning to make chocolate as the ancient Mayans did. For more information, visit www.cottontreelodge.com.
· The Villas at Banyan Bay: Named one of the top 10 Resorts for Families in Central and South America, the property features a white sand beach, babysitting services and a children’s area. The resort is a dream for families looking to take a relaxing vacation together in San Pedro. For more information, visit www.banyanbay.com.
As one of the last unspoiled places on earth, Belize offers travelers the richly rewarding authenticity they seek in a Caribbean getaway. With direct flights from the U.S. and Canada, this tropical paradise is nestled between Mexico to the north and Guatemala to the west and south. For generations, the English-speaking people of Belize have demonstrated a commitment to preserving the country’s unique charms. Belize offers a land rich in natural beauty and steep in the history and culture of its Maya past. Renowned for having the second largest barrier reef in the world, Belize’s pristine waters, exotic marine and wildlife, lush unspoiled landscapes and superb diving truly make it Mother Nature’s Best Kept Secret. For more information on how you can be one with Belize, visit www.travelbelize.org.