Abercrombie & Kent Offers Inside Look at Rare Vintage Automobiles
A display of historic motor cars from around the world is being held in London in September of 2012 as part of the Diamond Jubilee celebrations in honor of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The inaugural Windsor Castle Concours of Elegance will feature some of the rarest and most spectacular motor cars ever made, including a Bugatti Royale, Ferrari 250 GTO, Blower Bentley and Mercedes-Benz Gullwing. With the gracious permission of Her Majesty The Queen, the event is being held within the walls of Windsor Castle, marking the first time a public event has ever been held there. The automobiles on display in the inner courtyard will cover more than a hundred years of automotive style and technology, along with rare horse-drawn carriages and classic Royal cars.
Abercrombie & Kent has designed an exclusive Marco Polo Club Invitational Program, Quintessential Britain: The Cotswolds & the Windsor Concours of Elegance for the classic car enthusiast (September 5-14, 2012; nine days from $13,695), that includes VIP access to the by-invitation-only Owners Day at the Windsor Concours. This once-in-a-lifetime journey for the car buff also features:
- An inside look at the craftsmanship and expertise which goes into all aspects of manufacturing a Jaguar.
- Land Rover’s production facility, where guests can drive current models on a purpose built, off road track with challenging terrain courses.
- A guided tour of the body shop, paint shop and assembly process at the BMW Group factory where the MINI is produced.
- A walk through the medieval University buildings of Oxford with punting (boating) through Christ Church Meadows.
- A day at Blenheim Palace, home of the Duke and Duchess of Marlborough and birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill, for the International Horse Trials, where the world’s best riders compete in Dressage, Cross Country and Show Jumping.
- A day in the Cotswolds, with its rolling, sheep-dotted hills, quaint villages and rustic buildings of honey- colored limestone.
Copyright 2012 By Punchin International. All Rights Reserved.